but learned this from
has started something called The Poem Project. It sounds really cool, especially if you're a fan of short poems and cool quotes, so KEEP READING FOR DETAILS!
So, here's how you do it:
"So I thought of something and I think it's a decent idea. If you like this it, please pass this on and take part. Also if you have a better name, please tell me. I'm not good at titles. The reasons I want to make this project happen are twofold. First, I think it's really special to find a little piece of a stranger's personality for a second, like seeing something creative written on the walls of a bathroom stall. It really can show the diversity and awe of humans and just be neat to have and witness. Second, I want people to look at money in a different way. I want to make money something interesting not for it's value, but the hands it's traveled through. What I propose follows.
The Poem Project:
1. Write a short poem, quote, or song lyric on dollar bills whenever you get them. Three lines is optimal, but anything that does not obstruct the paper is fine. It can be something famous, your own creation, whatever. If you want, you can write a whole song or poem out over the course of ten bills. No particular value size is necessary.
2. Use these bills whether you make them or find them. Though it's pretty neat to have them for yourself, the point of the project is to spread around something cool, and that can't happen if it stays in your pocket.
3. When you get a poem, feel free to add to it. You don't have to, but if it's a song you love and you know the next line, writing it dow is a neat way to say "I was here." Be sure not to cover the whole bill though.
4. Try to make it subtle. That way, it's more of a present when someone finds it. Don't use sharpie or a thick pen if you can help it.
5. Have fun! The point of the project is not to send a political message, so don't make what you write too heavy. Remember children might be the ones possessing it.
Thank you for reading! I hope you like the idea and spread the word by reposting this journal or making a tumblr/Facebook/twitter post. "
Sounds like a cool thing to do... Now, let's see if I have that dollar bill somewhere !